ARE YOU FEELING ECO-ANXIOUS? JOIN THE DEBATE
September 23, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm BST
We all know we are causing destruction to our planet at a rapid rate. We all feel the anxiety of an uncertain and unknown future for our children and future generations. Surely, we want the destruction of our environment to halt, but do we feel powerless to act fast enough, or can we even agree on the right course of action?
Join our Eco-Anxiety round table with:
- Caroline Hickman, Climate Change Therapist and Professor at University of Bath
- Judith Anderson, Executive Committee member of the Climate Psychology Alliance and psychiatrist
- Jenny Gow, from Mother’s Rise Up the fast-growing movement of ordinary mums inspired by young people, who are striking for climate action
- Anna Hughes, Director of Flight Free UK and writer, cyclist and environmentalist
The conversation will cover:
- How and why we feel about the climate and the bio-diversity crisis
- Decisions we make around what we eat, travel and buy
- The demands and actions we can take so that governments, organisations and companies listen to us and act commensurate with a global crisis situation
- Is there something different that women can bring to the debate about the climate emergency?
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.